Saturday, August 15, 2009

Launch off to a good start


My book launch got off to a good start today at Borders in York. I was on the first floor near the children's department. It was a quiet day upstairs but I still managed to sell 13 books to customers, and a further 9 for Borders stock, this was across my 4 books, not just the new one.

It's funny, people often worry about buying The Monster Under The Bed books in case their children are frightened by it, so now I have But I'm Not Sleepy - with no monsters at all, and yet everyone is still drawn to the monster books, which sold in equal numbers to the Not Sleepy books.


1 comment:

The Allans said...

Hi Anne, really impressed with new book and your illustrations keep getting better and better. Glad to hear the book launch went well, sorry we couldn't make it but hopefully we can get to one of your others on your tour
All the best
Karen. stu, ste and chelle