Monday, February 03, 2014

On the beach

Last night, well about tea time - but it was dark, so it seemed like night, I was on the beach. It was a tiny beach, about 3ft by 1ft and what there was of it was wet and in danger of being flooded by the next big wave - where was I?

I was on Scarborough beach at high tide - a very high tide!! And I wasn't the only one feeling to pull of a walk on the beach -  a Border Collie came along just after me, running ahead of it's people to get down the nearest steps onto the beach, only to stop and look confused as the sea lapped up almost covering the beach.

And so that was my first step on the beach of the year - I can't quite call it a walk on the beach, because all I did was to step onto it, and keep a watchful eye on the waves, and shame as it was not to swim in the sea when it had come all the way up the beach to meet - the North Sea in February is just a bit too chilly for me...

No comments: