Monday, April 28, 2014

Book signing near York - knitting needles at the ready...

I've got a book signing at the weekend - time to get the knitting needles out...

That's right, that's what I said - knitting needles - you see I just like to make things hard for myself.

Not only do I write, illustrate and self publish my books - by the end of 2013 I was looking for a gimmick to add to my table at fairs. My imagination went around in a few circles and came up with the idea of knitting sheep - the characters from my bestseller But I'm Not Sleepy. The sheep caught the imagination of young and young at heart - who wouldn't want to take home a knitted sheep after all?

I have been toying with a design for a knitted cat to link with Basil and the Flappy Thing, but so far I've only produced a knitted head which is bigger than life size,  so I'm not sure where I'm going with that one...

I've heard of an author who takes his cat to book signings, and his cat sits happily on the table next to him, but I can't see that working our for me. I think there would be a riot, especially as there will be birds of prey at the same fair as my forthcoming book signing.
OK, what' am I supposed to do with this?

No comments: