Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Life is a learning curve... I will overcome my last hurdle eventually - I'll rise above it and fly high - either that or I'll beat it down with a stick...

Why do I like to make life difficult for myself?

When I'm working on a book, my mind is usually racing ahead to the next project, and on this occasion I thought my next book would be straightforward, having already found a UK printer of board books... 

However when I came to put in a quote request, the fee was so high it would be barely viable for personal use, let alone to try and sell on to customers, and even at that price it was only printed on 1mm card which I doubt would be thick enough for a board book for a baby. Oh well.back to the drawing board...

Meanwhile I'm hard at work promoting Outnumbered by Cats... well, that is I've passed it on to my sales team - oh wait, I am my sales team...  and so we come back to my learning curve that I have yet to conquer, that of selling online. But all is not lost - I have a book signing at the weekend! It's so much easier to sell books face to face.

But I will overcome my last hurdle eventually - I'll rise above it and fly high - either that or I'll beat it down with a stick...  

No comments: