Thursday, May 01, 2014

The art of being busy. Looking busy v being busy and productive...

This afternoon, right this minute I look very busy - I'm typing away at the laptop with notes and a pencil case next to me: I don't even have a cat climbing on me (well not right now anyway). And yet I don't feel like I'm being busy in a productive way...

Why is it that I am actually being more productive when I appear to be doing nothing? ...sat with my feet up proofreading, with a cat asleep at my feet - you see even he thought I was having a nap, and came to join me...
Captain thought proof reading was author speak for nap time.

Maybe I should be more cat - sitting on the garden bench apparently thinking about nothing seems to be the best place to solve the sort of problem that can never be solved sat in front of a computer screen... These are the sort of problems that have to be snuck up on when they're least expecting it.
Come and sit down - look we left a place for you.

No comments: