Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Great Yorkshire Show, gentle giants, storms and all things woolly...

 It's a busy time in Yorkshire, with the Great Yorkshire Show in full swing. I was there on Tuesday, sat on the grass banks waiting for the heavy horses to come into the main arena, as heavy clouds gathered overhead... The storm clouds went wild, sending everyone rushing for cover and purchasing anything waterproof - my daughter and I totally carried off the kiddies rain ponchos in fetching doggy print.

Luckily the heavy horses were calmer than the weather, they're such gentle giants.

The shopping was good too, so much more fun than chain store shopping, from kitchen knives and an olive wood chopping board, to some beautiful artwork they had it all covered.

So my hands were pretty full of shopping by the time I made my way to the sheep pens, trying to find some sheep who looked like my characters from But I'm Not Sleepy. There were some funky looking sheep, and I think the ones most like mine were tucked away in the sheep shearing pen, but I did find these:



I wonder what this sheep is trying to say...?
"A up Pearl, sit up, we're having our photo taken..."
Knitted sheep, adding a woolly dimension to story time... 
“We’re not trouble makers are we Pearl?”
“No Hilda, certainly not.”
“It’s just that we’ve been rounded up so many times our heads are spinning.”
“Yes spinning.”
“Spinning into wool?” asked Lucy.
“No… spinning into a flock of dizzy sheep,” said Downboy.


No comments: