Monday, September 15, 2014

Quiet books

How have I never heard of these before...?

Of course a book, by it's very nature is quiet, so maybe it's other name of busy book is more appropriate. Now this whole concept is new to me, and nothing like the old style cloth / rag books.

For anyone else who hasn't heard of this wonderful invention, a quiet book is a cloth book with a riot of fun stuff stitched into it for a baby to pull at and play with, anything from buttons and zips, to string puzzles and things in pockets. So, I've been out to buy a selection of fun fabric and wadding, and I'm going to stitch the contents of my sewing box into it - OK so maybe that would be a bit over the top - but I'm sure I can find some fun stuff in there...

I'll add a photo to my blog of the finished book.
Why do I do this to myself...? Now I'm under pressure to do the project - and it's got to be good, not only to show you lot, but to withstand the excited hands of my grandson...

No comments: