Monday, June 01, 2015

Confessions of a picture book writer

What is it about picture books that is so appealing?

Everyone likes pictures right?

I get people of all ages who are drawn to my picture books, many lament that their children have grown out of picture books and they no longer have anyone to buy them for...

So buy one for yourself...! I do, well, you know, from time to time. I used to call it market research - just to see what's out there. But in truth I am drawn to picture books, there it is I admit it: they're fun and colourful and their characters make me laugh - if they go so far as to make me laugh out loud in a bookshop then the odds are I'll buy that book.


My picture books - judge them by their covers, and if one grabs you - go and check it out in my online bookshop. 
 

   

No comments: