Sunday, October 26, 2008

A successful book launch!

I had a very successful book launch at Borders in York yesterday. I sold my first book within ten minutes of starting, and went on to sell:
25 Lost in the Christmas Post (15 to customers + 10 copies to Borders for their stock).
7 Doodle Mayhem
11 The Monster Under The Bed

The success of the day wasn’t only in the sales figures though; it was lovely to talk to so many people who are interested in my books, and it’s always good to hear from people who have already bought and enjoyed my first two books.
It was a long day; I was there from 11am till 5pm, but far too good an opportunity to cut short, especially on such a busy weekend, being half term. And the time passed surprisingly quickly, though I’ll admit I did nip up to the top floor to the coffee shop half way through.

No comments: