Friday, April 01, 2011

Ideas are shy

Why are ideas so shy? When I'm deep in editing or marketing I long to get back to some 'propper writing', the sort where ideas flow and magic happens, but then when the opportunity comes the ideas try to flee to the far recesses of the mind. They need to be coaxed out and herded into order and filtered through the keyboard into the computer.
Downboy the sheepdog from: But I'm Not Sleepy

When I was researching and writing But I'm Not Sleepy I found all sorts of warning notes about sheepdogs - thinking this was strange I read on. Apparently sheep dogs can be troublesome if they don't have sheep to round up, as they have a tendency to round up other peoples' dogs whilst out on a walk.Maybe I need to employ Downboy the sheep dog to round up my stubborn characters, although as some of them are cats it might cause a whole host of new problems...

No comments: