Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Promotions block

We hear a lot about writes block, but what about promotions block - when thinking of ideas is no problem, writing them down is achieved despite cats, and life in general trying to distract me into doing anything but...

For a self publisher every hurdle has to be jumped/staggered over in order to get the books out there into the hands of customers. So editing and formatting have had to be  met head on, tackled to the ground and  and overcome.

Next came marketing - an early foray into bookshops had mixed success, with the added risk of books going down on the sinking ship if the shop goes under - and this has happened to big and small bookshops.

Direct selling at book signings and craft fairs gives a turnover of sales and an ego boost as people admire and buy the books. But how to get the books selling in greater numbers... ?

Well that is my next hurdle, but I know I have fun stories that people love, so I'll just keep trying everything, until something works, because my books deserve to be read. 

No comments: