Saturday, August 03, 2013

Procrastinating or researching?

Surfing the web - is it really research or are we all just procrastinating?

I sit here typing into the abyss instead of getting on with the book that I know is nearly finished, but just needs a bit more editing.  There's so much advice out there about how to make amazing sales online, when really getting out there and mixing with people in the real world seems to drive more sales. And so we wander about the virtual world liking each others pages, and following each other to who knows where... but who is really selling the most books...?

It seems that writing a book about how to do something is the trick, but are they just full of hot air and more fluff? I've read about optimising my  website and twitter power, but still my book sales are coming from book signings.

And so my top advice to myself and anyone else who may be reading this: Turn off the internet and put on a CD that inspires and sets the right mood... and WRITE

No comments: