Friday, October 04, 2013

Home printer with a warped sense of humour...

I decided that today was the day to commit my latest book to print on paper for the very first time, but my home printer had other ideas...

OK so the printer doesn't get the same amount of attention it once did, when I printed out everything for fear of loosing a day's work to technology. But you'd think that would make it all the more keen to please when it does get used...

I set it off printing all the odd pages, all well and good, then I set it to print all the even pages, the result should have been a stack of neat pages with my book printed out. But this is where the printer decided to get creative and miss chunks of text out, I can only imagine where it's put them - they'll probably turn up on some unsuspecting and important form that doesn't need to include snippets of story about a house full of cats.

It's enough to send a digital file running off into the depths of a computer never to be seen again...

No comments: