Monday, March 17, 2014

Deadlines - don't be a slave to them

Deadlines - they cause stress and angst, so sometimes we have to get our own back on deadlines and shove them out of the way...

I've decided that I like bringing out a book at this time of year, usually I'm hurtling towards the deadline of getting a book out before Christmas, but, having well and truly missed that deadline, I'm quite enjoying the fact that I've finished my book, and it's going to be out soon...

...and so that leaves time to enjoy the moment. This morning I saw the first lambs of the season in a field, I came home and played with my cats in the garden for a while - well they are the stars of my next book, and my best ideas often come when I'm not trying to chase them too hard (ideas that is, not the cats).

No comments: