Monday, March 10, 2014

The joy of reading

Being left to my own devices over the weekend  meant that I spent a large part of it lost in a book, which was wonderful... I finished the second half of Bridget Jones's Diary - oh the joy of reading half a book at one go, so often I only have time to read books in small chunks, and even on holiday I can end up too busy doing activities to just disappear into a book for long at a time. So the upshot is, that I now need the second book in the series, even though I have the film on DVD I'm still looking forward to reading the book, and then I'll be ready for the new book in the series, I'm still hoping it'll come out in paperback soon, but might just have to get the hardback version.

Luckily, thanks to getting distracted by buying instead of merchandising last week, I had another two books to choose from, and am now reading A Family Affair by Mary Campisi. I like to read a big cross section of books, and this is just one I came across with an interesting plot - and at 60 pages in it's certainly unfolding with lots of intriguing questions to answer...

I read in an article recently about how good reading is for the brain, keeping it active and agile (no great surprise there...) - so really my weekend of relaxing and reading was as good as going to the gym - for my mind at least... 

No comments: