Thursday, March 06, 2014

World Book Day and the incident of the missing chicken...

It's World Book Day today - sounds like an excuse to curl up and read a book to me...

If I could just stop the characters of my new book trying to give me enough content for the next one, all in the same week...

Captain has finally settled on the chair next to me after bringing a mouse in twice through the cat flap. I usually take mice off them if they bring them in, but he wasn't in any mood to give it up, so he had to take it back outside. Then he finally came and knocked on the kitchen door to be let in - he often knocks, when he can't be bothered to open the cat flap.

At the weekend we had the disappearing frozen chicken incident - when I came home to find an empty bowl in the kitchen sink where a frozen chicken used to be... it didn't take long to find it, it seemed to have been making its own way to the table, as it was on the floor next to the dining table, but I think this was more likely to be Tabby related than a chicken doing its own thing.

My chief suspect is Bumble, who may well have just been annoyed that the chicken was occupying his sink, where he likes to sit. Or it could have been Kryten getting his own back on me for taking his dead bird off him earlier in the week... Whoever it was, it was quite impressive that a cat could lift a frozen chicken out of a sink, and I expect it landed with quite a bang, which probably explains why Steve was a bit spooked...

All in all, I think I would have been more annoyed if they had made off with a cooked chicken, and I would also have been looking for something else for dinner, as it was there were no teeth marks, just a slightly ripped bag.

Cat flaps... never a dull moment.

No comments: