Thursday, May 08, 2014

More attention needed to prevent banana deficit

It has come to my attention that whist internet shopping may be very convenient - especially if your car decides to take a day off and not start at all, it is necessary to have a different level of attention ordering food online, than it is to walk around a shop picking things up.

The first time I ordered my groceries online I received a small but perfectly formed sliced loaf, of the sort I would probably never have noticed if I'd been walking around the shop. Today, in the middle of a bag of apples there was one lonely banana! Now, when I saw bananas priced per kg I assumed I was ordering by the kg, I even changed my initial plan of buying 2kg of bananas in favour of just 1kg so when I pulled my 1 banana out of the bag I had to smile - I wonder if the pickers in the shop have the occasional laugh at the customers expense when such obvious errors occur...

So The thing I have learnt today, is to pay more attention when ordering my groceries online - or face a banana deficit.

...and all this actually proves is that leaving myself time to market my book leads of random ramblings about bananas...

No comments: