Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Putting books into the hands of babies and children

Welcome to my homepage - or at least an escapee from my homepage...

Where I'll try and encourage you to get Lost in a Book - and to put books into little hands, even if those hands might damage that book, no, not because I want to sell you another one when that one rips, but because I believe that the sooner babies and children can get their hands on books the better. Yes some of their early books are going to be a bit shabby, you may need to mend them with sticky tape at the end of the day, but you're sewing the seeds of a love of books into the next generation... and what could be better than that?
Meet Lucy from But I'm not Sleepy... apparently everyone has a Lucy, though few will admit to having been one at some point in their childhood...
This one is my bestseller - everyone can relate to the title and the picture on the cover. And where do the sheep come into it...? Well you wouldn't believe the trouble counting sheep can get you into... 


New in my bookshop: downloadable knitting patternto knit your own sheep - knit a flock and count sheep as you read the book...
 
Christmas fair list to follow - watch this space...  
Priceless: being told that a copy of The Monster Under The Bed has been read until it's shabby - it's been a loved book, just like a favourite teddy.  

No comments: