Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Busy Book - a treasure trove of textures for tiny hands to discover...

I never thought I'd find January too short - but this year I don't seem to have got through as much as I'd hoped, and January is running towards the finish line before me..

The painting has been a lovely excuse to hibernate - well almost, right now I'm hiding in the warm as the wind howls round the house. I will have to venture out later though to buy parts for a broken down washing machine that has left me with a load of sopping wet washing - why does something always happen, just when I think I can get on...?

There's a brand new busy book in my bookshop - a treasure trove of textures for tiny hands to discover...

It's a one off unique book as I make them up as I go along. I empty a bag of fabrics onto the table along with ribbons, buttons and cords, and see what the combination inspires me to do.
 

Because babies need books too
Busy/Quiet Book each one hand made and unique from Lost in a Book

A chunky button and cord fastening open to reveal a treasure trove of textures and colours... 
 There's a furry bear, with a shiny button nose, and satin ribbon bow tie...
 There are balloons with colourful cords,,and a button and ribbon to feel and pull.
 There's a handy zip up pocket for little treasures, or just to play with the zip...
 All bound up in  a soft cover from Lost in a Book.

#LostinaBook #BusyBook #QuietBook #inspirations 

No comments: